Month: August 2023
FMC (Family Movie Classics), home to beloved and timeless movies carried across cable, satellite and virtual platforms, announced it has launched on virtual provider VIDGO. FMC is now distributed through five virtual providers, with VIDGO joining DIRECTV Stream, Frndly, Philo, and Freecast.
August 26, 2023
Maverick Entertainment, a prominent independent studio specializing in the distribution of Black Cinema, is thrilled to announce the upcoming release of their latest film, "The Comeback," set to hit streaming on NBCUniversal's Peacock August 25th. Starring the immensely talented Taye Diggs and the charismatic Apryl Jones, this uproarious comedy follows the journey of Jeff Murray and his wife, Tisa Murray, as they move back to their beloved hometown of Atlanta.
August 25, 2023
In the heart of the dazzling Las Vegas, a cinematic sensation is brewing, promising to elevate the city's entertainment scene to new heights. The C-47 Film Festival, a groundbreaking event that has captured the city's imagination, invites you to be part of this cinematic revolution.
Regal today announced it will once again partner with the Cinema Foundation to celebrate National Cinema Day on Sunday, Aug. 27, at all Regal theatres across the country. The 2023 sequel to last year's one-day only event will offer $4 tickets to all movies in all formats along with a Regal special $4 small combo concession offer.
On Sept. 24, the Burbank native will be celebrated with a proclamation from the Burbank City Council and then will sit down with Scott Feinberg from The Hollywood Reporter's 'Awards Chatter' podcast for a life/career retrospective conversation.
August 23, 2023
JOHN is a social drama directed by Le Han in his feature film debut. Produced by Joseph Hieu, known for producing ‘The Accidental Getaway Driver’, an acclaimed feature at Sundance Film Fesitval, the film chronicles the life of a queer Latino male sex worker living in the poorest part of Los Angeles.
August 22, 2023
BIC is kicking off the back-to-school season this year with "Write with Might," a sweepstakes offering fans a chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime trip for two to the premiere of Marvel Studios' "The Marvels", in theaters November 10. Through August 31, 2023, BIC is rewarding a select group of dreamers with an unforgettable experience inspired by the belief that effort and creativity in and of themselves can be a real-life superpower and, with a little luck, can take you to places you did not expect.
August 20, 2023
Streaming accounted for a record high 38.7% of total TV usage in July, while linear TV viewership fell below 50% for the first time, according to Nielsen's July 2023 report of The Gauge™, the media measurement company's monthly snapshot of total broadcast, cable and streaming consumption that occurs via television. Broadcast and cable each represented record low shares at 20.0% and 29.6% of total TV usage, respectively, to combine for a linear television total of 49.6%.
August 19, 2023